» Queen Anne
» Planning & Construction Updates
Planning & Construction Updates
- Poured all concrete floor slabs for building addition
- Installed duct bank on 4th Avenue
- Installed coal bunker steel
- Completed steel shop drawings, which were approved by the City of Seattle
- Began erecting concrete masonry unit exterior and interior walls
- Began below grade waterproofing
- Completed plumbing rough in in remodeled classroom
- Installed glu-lam beams in new commons
- Issued water availability certificate
- Installed/inspected Seattle City Light underground vault
- Installed underground plumbing waste lines
- Received service letter from Seattle City Light
- Majority of asphalt and concrete demolition on the site completed.
- Aggregate piers installed.
- Excavation and concrete footing framing started.
- Selective interior demolition completed.
- Tree removal permits finalized.
- The building permit was issued, and the contractors were given the notice to proceed.
- Construction information flyers were sent to the neighbors.
- District and architects staff participated in onsite construction safety training.
- Seattle City Light completed electrical disconnection.
- The contractor mobilized, and selective demolition began on the brick building and the site.
- Century Link re-routed telecom cables around Queen Anne Elementary.
- The Seattle School Board approved the construction contract.
- Hensel Phelps Construction is the general contractor.
- All permit corrections were returned to the City of Seattle.
- A new address was assigned to the property.
- Teachers and staff were moved out to the interim location at John Marshall in Ravenna.
- Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (SDCI) Departure Appeal Hearing complete
- Hearing Examiner affirmed SDCI decision to approve departures
- Set date for Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (SDCI) Departure Appeal Hearing
- Prepared for Departure appeal hearing
- Reviewed preliminary Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule
- Departure appeal period
- Held bid opening
- Began relocation coordination with school staff
- Finalized Certificate of Approval
- Advertised to Bid
- Published SDCI departure decision
- Released Addendum No. 1
- Completed pre-bid meeting
- The determination of non-significance (DNS) decision was affirmed
- Advertised for bids
- Completed and reconciled 95% construction estimate
- Completed 100% construction documents
- The SEPA appeal hearing was held.
- A contract for constructability review was signed
- Project received conditional approval from Seattle Parks and Recreation to use Bigelow Avenue for school bus student drop-off/pick up.
- Building permit and land use departure was submitted to the City of Seattle.
- The Construction Documents reached 75%
- Consultant was selected for the constructability review.
- Published and advertised the SEPA Determination of Non-Significance (DNS).
- Completed 50% of Construction Documents.
- The design development estimate was received.
- The design development drawings set was completed.
- The SEPA public meeting was held to receive public comment.
- Reconciled Schematic Design Budget. Released SEPA for public comment.
- A school design advisory team (SDAT)meeting was held, and the project team had a pre-submittal meeting with the city.
- The conceptual design to develop was selected.
- The pre-submittal permit conference with the City of Seattle was held.
- The team also met with Seattle City Light.
- SDAT meeting #7 was held.
- School tours with Teaching and Learning staff took place.
- Held School Design Advisory Team (SDAT) meeting #7.
- Conducted school tours for Teaching & Learning staff.
- The schematic design phase was kicked off and SDAT meetings were held.
- The conceptual design was reconciled with the project budget.
Return to Queen Anne