Planning & Construction Updates and Photos
- Furniture delivery continued.
- Technology installation progressed.
- Teachers moved into the building following delivery of boxes from the interim site at John Marshall.
- Teacher training conducted on how to operate classroom and building systems.
- Final preparations were underway for the ribbon-cutting ceremony and first day of school.
- Ribbon cutting ceremony held Sept. 4
Photo GalleryAerial photo Existing building – basement mechanical room, systems training being conducted Existing building – computer lab classroom furniture installation New building – typical kindergarten classroom Existing building – new library and reading nook on stage New building – DAS installed for emergency communications during an event West entrance – pervious pavers installed at parent drop–off Loading dock area at southwest corner New building – commons area kitchen serving line New building – moving into custodian engineers office New building –new climbing wall installed in gymnasium Marque sign at historical north entrance
- Verification of all life safety systems: fire sprinklers, fire alarm, elevators, and egress lighting
- Design team created a punch-list
- Installation of school house light fixtures, projectors, audio systems, and SPS network
- Completion of wheel chair lift at main entry
- Hydro seeded disturbed areas
- Conducted final cleaning
- Verified of all life safety systems: fire sprinklers, fire alarm, elevators, and egress lighting
- Installed projectors and audio systems
- Created punch-list
- Changed cores at main doors with SPS cores
- Continued commissioning and verification of all new systems
- Removed construction fencing
- Received TCO (Temporary Certificate of Occupancy)
Photo GallerySite plan Existing building at north – hydroseeding complete and grass being established Existing building – main corridor at administration area Existing building – main office area Courtyard – looking north – seat wall for outside learning West entrance and parent drop off Main entry – “beaver tree” design motif and mascot is the beavers New building – commons area and gymnasium New building – air barrier testing was successful New building – Washington State Labor & Industries inspecting new elevator – inspection passed New building – mechanical penthouse at elevator area New building – group learning room on second floor
- Installed flooring in classrooms at sink locations, ceiling tiles, light fixtures, fire alarm devices, soap dispensers, and paper towels dispensers
- Continued final painting and floor finishes
- Installed wheelchair lift at main entry
- Continued commissioning of water source heat pumps, AHUs, and terminal units
- Performed final cleaning for second floor classrooms and kitchen
- Installed signage
- Continued air test and balance, and fire alarm systems testing
- Installing ceiling tiles at classrooms and main corridor;
- Final painting continues in cafeteria and gym area
- Completing entry plaza and installation of new flag pole
- Installed irrigation system; placement of plants and mulching ongoing
- Completed playground equipment installation and inspection is underway
- Completed new and restored fencing
- Commissioning air handling units (AHUs) and terminal units
Photo GallerySite plan Aerial view from the west Site looking east – paved play areas being striped Site looking southwest – irrigation and landscaping being completed Site looking northwest – playground equipment and south elevation of new addition Main entrance (east entry) – signage installed, soffit being installed at canopy West entry (parent drop–off) – soffit being installed at canopy Existing building second floor – final cleaning starting in classrooms and corridors Existing building second floor – typical classroom, overhead work and lighting controls Existing building second floor – transition from existing building to new building New building – kindergarten corridor New building second floor – corridor and green learning commons New building second floor – blue learning commons, functional testing of lighting controls New building – gymnasium wood floor and equipment installed New building commons – installing stage curtains New building commons/corridor area – measuring air velocity as part of functional test and balance
- Installed carpet on stage and in library, flooring in art room, projector brackets and front row audio shelves, kilns, ceiling fans, and hardware on restored doors.
- Began commissioning of split systems and fire dampers, and functional testing of water source heat pumps
- Started up of boiler, variable frequency drives and lift station in basement
- Pulling overhead and lighting circuits in main hall underway
- Installed telephone line and fiber optic line
- Cleaning underway in existing building so air handling units (AHU) can be started up
- Installed acoustic panels in gym, commons and main corridor
- Polishing concrete in commons and main corridor
- Installed wood athletic flooring in gym, wood panel flooring on stage and carpet in second floor classrooms
- Installing ceiling tiles in classrooms and main corridor
- Installing electrical devices in classrooms;
- Pulling fire alarm wiring
- Finishing up new elevator
- Installing gutters and downspouts; landscaping and irrigation in progress
- Placed concrete for entry plaza, and installed concrete benches
- Paved the playground area
Photo GalleryAerial photo taken on March 31, 2018 Looking south: Playground equipment installed; landscaping and paving underway Looking east: Fence posts and sidewalks going in Existing building – Installing linoleum in 1st floor art rooms Existing building basement: Commissioning of water source heat pumps systems. Existing building – Installed 2nd floor wood base and trim, and access ladder to penthouse New building – Installed gym equipment, acoustic panels and wood floor New building commons area – Installing wood panel at proscenium New building – Installing ceiling tile in 2nd floor corridor New building – buttoning up and labeling panels in 2nd floor electrical room New building – Typical 2nd floor classroom, with carpet and ceiling tile being installed
- Installed linoleum and refinished wood floors
- Pulled electrical and fire alarm cables, terminated and installed devices
- Constructed casework for new front desk in main office
- Continued restoration of historical doors and trimmed door frames; painted and installed the wood base
- Reroofed the art rooms
- Circulated the hydronic loop for the geothermal system
- Commissioned water source heat pumps and hot water heaters
- Kitchen equipment arrived and is being installed
- Painted ceiling in commons area and install hat channel for acoustical panels
- Finished overhead work at stage and started to install proscenium wood panels
- Installed metal panels and light boxes at front entry and started placing concrete at front entry plaza Finished stairs and landings at exterior doors on west elevation
- Fine graded playground area and installed curbing that defines the play equipment area
Photo GallerySite Plan Aerial view from the West Road panel replacement – 26th AVE NW, SDOT arborist required grinding of the roots encountered Road panel replacement – 26th AVE NW, SDOT arborist required grinding of the roots encountered Existing building – basement mechanical room, commissioning control systems Existing building – administration area, main lobby, installing carpeting Existing building – prepping for floor finish in library New building – main entry vestibule along 25th AVE NW, finishing installation of storefront New building – closing up opening used for loading material & finishing metal siding Looking south – gymnasium roofing installation New building – center stairs, painting railings & installing lighting circuits at landing New building – main corridor 2nd floor, overhead mechanical, electrical and plumbing rough-in New building – installing fin tube convector covers in kindergarten classroom New building – gym ceiling painted New building – grouting quarry tile floor in kitchen area
- Continued tile work in areas B and C second floor
- Installed soffit framing in loading dock
- Installed low voltage wiring in second floor and kindergarten rooms
- Demolished two heaved road panels
- Successfully completed ground loop hydrostatic testing
- Completed overhead work on second floor, kitchen and loading dock areas
- Prepared gymnasium for ceiling painting
- Installed white boards and FE boxes
- Finished railing in penthouse and loading dock area stairs
- Started quarry tile layout in kitchen
- Completed cap sheet installation on mechanical mezzanine roof at gymnasium
- This month, the construction team installed casework on second floor, placed plumbing fixtures and finished the floor tile in the group restroom, and painted the art room and hallways.
- They prepped for new material and completed the masonry restoration.
- Installation of lighting fixtures and electrical devices began.
- Roofing started on the gymnasium.
- Windows, storefront glass and new waterlines were completed, and the transformer was set and energized.
- The team wired mechanical units in penthouse and installed temporary gas heat throughout the new and existing buildings.
- Work included painting interior walls, installing of casework on the first floor and tile on the restroom walls and floors, and installation of the ceiling grids and conduits.
- Mechanical units in the basement have been wired and piped.
- They also finished roofing the library and began replacing the roof for the art room.
- Work continued on roofing for new academic building.
- The project team installed metal paneling on the east side, installed windows on the west side and completed masonry work.
- Gypsum wallboard was installed on the first and second floors and in Area A.
- Overhead mechanical, electrical and sprinkler installation began.
- Framing was completed in Area C, and switchgear and wiring was installed and test in preparation for City Light to install the transformer.
Photo GalleryAerial photo taken on October 31, 2017 Existing building – cap sheet going on at library roof Existing building – asbestos abatement at historical cornice Existing building – framing restroom soffit Existing building – plaster repair on first floor corridor Existing building – installation of casework in southeast corner Existing building – tile installation in administration area staff restroom New building – installing perimeter blocking for roof New building –– installing new metal panels on east side of building New building –installation of storefront and windows on west side New building – brick veneer at gym & sheathing at classroom wing on south side of building New building – second floor mechanical and electrical rough-ins New building – main electrical switch gear New building – mechanical unit going in mezzanine for commons area Looking south – ongoing work in courtyard, penthouse, sheathing and roofing
- Completed the library and penthouse roofs.
- Installed, taped and skimmed the gypsum wallboard on the first floor, with the second floor in progress.
- Masonry restoration work continued.
- Wired and piped the basement boiler, mechanical and electrical rooms.
- Roofing continued.
- Exterior framing, sheathing and vapor/water barrier was almost complete.
- Work began on windowsill pans and frames. Installed brick veneer on west side and on gymnasium.
- Completed interior framing and door framing in area C.
- Installed first and second floor overhead electrical, sprinkler piping, ductwork, hydronic piping, and water lines.
- Continued installing spiral ductwork in the gymnasium.
- Installed switchgear and wiring in the main electrical room.
Photo GalleryExisting building, north elevation – before stone restoration Existing building, north elevation – after stone restoration Existing building, basement – water source heat pump room, equipment being piped Existing building – gypsum wall board installed in special education classroom Existing building – tile backing board being installed in group restrooms New building – west elevation – receiving vapor barrier and window/door blocking, area B New building – west elevation – installing new brick veneer, area A New building – main electrical room being dried in New building – area C, level 2 – installing overhead mechanical and interior framing New building – roof dried in with water barrier, blocking going in at parapet roof New building – installing perimeter blocking, drying in roof, installing sheathing New building – finishing southwest concrete stairs Looking south – on-going work in courtyard, penthouse, sheathing and roofing
Photo GallerySite plan Aerial photo: September 15, 2017 Existing Building – Courtyard Installation In Progress Existing Building – Masonry Restoration Started on North and East Elevations Existing Building – Masonry Restoration Started on North and East Elevations New Building – West Elevation – Installing Clean Outs and Final Grading New Building – Placed Concrete in Metal Pan Stairs Existing Building – Cable Tray Going in at Crawl Space and Attic Spaces Existing Building – Cable Tray Going in at Crawl Space and Attic Spaces Existing Building – Basement – Hook Up Mechanical Units (AHUS) New Building – Framing Exterior Walls of Penthouse – Delivering and Staging Sheathing New Building – Completing Masonry at South Wall of Gym – Sheathing Delivery – Looking North Courtyard – Penthouse and Parapet Work Ongoing – Looking South Site plan Aerial photo, Sept. 1, 2017 Concrete pump for 2nd floor slab and gym mezzanine slab – looking south Finishing 2nd floor slab – looking south Existing building – vapor barrier installed/steel angles going in around perimeter New building – installing air handling unit in penthouse – lifting off truck New building – installing air handling unit in penthouse – lowering through roof New building – installing air handling unit in penthouse – lowering through roof New building – HVAC duct going in Existing building – basement electrical/telecom room – installing transformers and panels Existing building – attic space – intumescent paint complete – sprinkler pipe installation Existing building – forming seat wall in courtyard New building – courtyard west wall – foundation through wall flashing going in at veneer New building – exterior metal framing started – looking west New building – overhead mechanical going in – looking south New building – second floor – installing plumbing and blocking New building – installing metal framing for penthouse New building – installing stairs at south end Placing gym slab on grade LHES_Photos_SEP_1_15_2017_01
- Work completed in August included finishing the interior metal stud framing on the second floor; finishing in-wall and overhead electrical, mechanical, sprinkler, and plumbing on the second floor.
- Inspections were requested for the mechanical/electrical/plumbing rough-ins, and photos were taken of in-wall utilities for future use by maintenance.
- The roofer removed the penthouse roof on 1946 building and started replacing the roof over library
- All structural steel erection was completed.
- Exterior metal stud framing work was finished in area A and veneer installation began.
- Decking was completed in area B and continued in area C.
- Slab preparation was in progress for the gym, main electrical room and crane alley.
- Concrete was placed for the mechanical penthouse and 80% of the second floor.
- Mechanical/electrical/plumbing was completed on the first floor of area A and began on the second floor.
Photo GalleryPlacing concrete at mechanical penthouse – looking south Finishing second floor slab – looking east Completed second floor slab – looking north Existing building – removal of roof section for new mechanical penthouse Existing building – removal/replacement of roof over new library Gym mechanical mezzanine – prepping for elevated slab pour Gym – forming foundation at access opening for masonry fork lift New building – plumbing, ductwork and exterior metal stud installation – looking east New building – steel erection complete – topping out beam with tree and flag – looking north New building – exterior framing, mechanical, electrical, plumbing rough-in on level 2 – looking west Existing building – insulating group restroom piping/blocking installation complete Office areas north of gym – electrical panels going in along wall and laying out framing Existing building – sprinkler pipe installation Existing building – seismic sheathing going in at library roof. Masonry veneer started in courtyard Masonry veneer started on west side Existing building – basement area cable tray and sprinkler installation Placed concrete at main electrical & water (domestic & fire risers) rooms – looking south Existing building – framing of penthouse
Photo GalleryAerial view from the west, June 30, 2017 Masonry installation at gym – looking northeast Structural steel at main entry – masonry walls being constructed – looking east First lift of masonry laid and grouted with staging for next level Loop piping installation in new building – first floor Conduits for main electrical room in new building – looking southeast Existing building – metal stud installation complete on first floor – looking south Existing building mechanical room – water heater installation Existing building basement – sprinkler piping installation started Existing building first floor – insulating copper pipe in wall and overhead Existing building first floor – installation of exterior wall insulation
- Comments were received from the Seattle Department of Transportation on the 90% Street Improvement Plan, and the architect/civil engineer is working on responses to the comments.
- Structural steel has been installed on the second floor, roof and penthouse of area A.
- Concrete floors have been placed in the second floor and penthouse of area A.
- Structural steel erection is underway in areas B and C.
- Masonry walls were completed in area A and are in progress in area B and the gym.
- Metal stud framing in the basement and first floor of the existing building has been completed.
- In-wall installation of mechanical, electrical and plumbing is following the metal stud framing.
- Pipe insulation has started on first floor.
- Installed equipment has been hooked-up in the basement mechanical and boiler room.
- Overhead mechanical equipment and ducting has been installed in all existing classrooms.
- All floor slabs are in except main electrical room, water pump room and gym.
- Waterproofing of stem walls and foundation drains, and back fill around perimeter is underway.
Photo GalleryExisting building – installing insulation on copper pipe in administration area Existing building – installing electrical receptacles in Special Education classroom. Installing masonry at stage in commons area Erecting steel at roof level and installing masonry – looking northeast Conduits for transformer pad, containment tank and piping – looking east New building – loading dock and grease interceptor Site – roofing structural steel and 2nd floor decking – looking south Existing building – installation classroom ductwork Existing building – placing concrete at elevated slab infill Existing building – new main entrance foundation and stem walls New building – footings, underground utilities and subgrade material New building – pumping concrete footings at loading dock – installing scaffolding New building – masonry walls going in at kindergarten – looking west Site – placing red concrete in duct bank for new primary power – looking east Site – courtyard final grading – looking north
- Submitted the 90% Street Improvement Plan to SDOT for review.
- Installed structural steel with metal decking in area 1.
- Placed the elevated concrete floor slab.
- Started masonry walls in area 1.
- Installed mechanical equipment in the existing building.
- Underground primary electrical conduit and under-slab electrical installed.
- Continued final grading and capillary course in preparation for slabs.
- Reinforced concrete footings and stem walls at main entry, loading dock and gym being placed.
- Plumbing, ducting and metal studs are being installed in Level 1 and 2 of existing building.
- Began metal studs and drywall in existing building.
- The new principal toured the site, and the architect began working with school staff on furniture selection.
Photo GallerySite – forming footings/plumbing rough-in at new kitchen - looking southwest - May 5, 2017 Site – installing primary electrical and pull vault along 25th Ave NW – looking south Existing building – installing metal stud walls in mechanical room – basement Existing building – HVAC boxes on-site and ready for installation. Site – electrical conduits installation at main electrical room – looking north New building – under-slab electrical and mechanical rough for kitchen – looking north New building – plumbing installation under elevated slab New building – forming stem walls – looking northeast New building – elevated slab placed/prepping for 2nd floor steel – looking west Existing building – elevated slab in existing gym prepared for concrete placement Existing building – elevated slab in existing gym concrete placement Existing building – removing forms for infill window to provide shear wall Existing building – basement mechanical room New building – installing footings at new entry – looking southeast New building – placing elevated slab – looking south New building – elevated slab placed – looking west New building – placing concrete slab – looking west Site – electrical conduits installation – looking northwest Site plan Aerial view from the west - May 2, 2017 Existing building – shear walls formed and ready to pour - May 5, 2017 Existing building – inside – installing forms to infill window and provide shear wall - May 5, 2017 Existing building – outside – installing forms to infill window and provide shear wall - May 5, 2017 New building – erecting steel - titled “vertical lines” – looking south - May 5, 2017 New building – erecting steel – looking west - May 5, 2017 Placed concrete for elevator pit walls - May 5, 2017 Site – excavated loading dock area – looking southwest - May 5, 2017
Photo GalleryExisting building – installation of overhead utilities - April 26, 2017 Removal of clay tile brick at art room – before and after - April 21 & 26, 2017 Geothermal manifold piping in new building footprint - April 27, 2017 Installing forming for elevator pit walls - April 28, 2017 Sheet rock being installed in basement of existing building - April 28, 2017 Compacting sub base at play yard for staging – looking northwest - April 27, 2017 Installing telecom vaults and conduits – looking north - April 25, 2017 Forming footings and installing rebar – looking southwest - April 28, 2017 Installed subgrade – ready for steel erection – looking south - April 28, 2017 Site plan Aerial view from the west - March 31, 2017 New piping and ductwork installed in existing basement hallway – looking east - March 31, 2017 Installation of columns/perimeter plates for elevated slab in existing gym - March 31, 2017 Installing duct in boiler room of existing building - March 31, 2017 Removing existing plaster ceiling – second floor – northeast corner - March 28, 2017 Sound containment for asbestos removal – structural steel storage - March 31, 2017 Forming footings and shear wall for new building – looking northwest - March 31, 2017 Forming footings for new building – looking northwest - March 31, 2017 Drilling geothermal wells - March 31, 2017 South east corner –installing geothermal loop piping - March 29, 2017 Dowelling in shear wall at 2nd level – southeast corner - April 10, 2017 Installing beams and embed plates for elevated slab in existing gym - April 10, 2017 Installing duct in crawl space of existing building - April 10, 2017 Waterproofing precast pit pockets for elevator - April 10, 2017 Geothermal well drilling continues - April 10, 2017 Forming walls for new building – looking northwest - April 10, 2017 Forming footings/shear wall for new building – looking southwest - April 10, 2017 Installing sewer to go under new building – looking southwest - April 6, 2017 Installing geothermal loop piping – southeast corner - April 10, 2017 Dowelling in shear wall at 2nd level southeast corner - April 14, 2017 Digital resource – workers can access current contract documents - April 12, 2017 Installation of topping slab at kitchen and restroom of existing building – level 1 - April 14, 2017 Installing copper water piping in crawl space of existing building - April 14, 2017 Installing decking for elevated slab in existing gym - April 12, 2017 Precast pit pockets installed with surrounding slab for elevator pit - April 14, 2017 Geothermal wells installed – two rigs leaving looking northeast - April 12, 2017 Excavating footings for south section of new building – looking northwest - April 14, 2017 Forming walls for new building – looking west - April 14, 2017
- 60% Street Improvement Plan comments were received from SDOT and resubmitted.
- The architect presented interior finishes to staff.
- Drilling of the geothermal wells continued, and the manifold piping was in progress.
- Aggregate piers were installed under the new footings, and placing of footings for the west section of the new building began.
- The crawlspace was dug out and new mechanical room concrete slabs placed.
- Plumbing pipe and ductwork was installed in the basement.
- Structural enhancements to the existing building continued.
Photo GalleryDigging and forming footings for new building, looking southwest - March 27, 2017 Placed concrete footings for new building – looking northwest - March 27, 2017 Existing building – forming up new shear walls - March 23, 2017 Existing building – saw cutting new openings - March 23, 2017 Existing gym – installing steel beams for elevated slab - March 27, 2017 Placing concrete for housekeeping slabs in basement - March 23, 2017 Installing piping in basement - March 27, 2017 Installing geothermal loop piping at southeast corner of site - March 27, 2017 Geothermal well drilling – looking south - March 23, 2017 Concrete footings placement for new building – looking south - March 24, 2017 Protecting landmarked walls, beams, stairs and doors in existing building - March 13, 2017 Placing footings for elevated slab at existing gym to create new special education classrooms - March 13, 2017 Placing wire mesh for new slabs at mechanical rooms in crawl space - March 13, 2017 Plumbing rough-in for new administrative spaces east side of existing building - March 9, 2017 Selective demolition complete on first floor east side of existing building - March 13, 2017 Geothermal well installation and weir tank – looking north - March 13, 2017 Site looking northeast - March 13, 2017 Mobilizing equipment to install aggregate piers – looking northwest - March 13, 2017 Stakes set for aggregate piers/access to crawl space - March 13, 2017 Site – aggregate pier installation/concrete placement for new mechanical rooms, looking north - March 15, 2017 Sound panels in place for aggregate pier installation for new building, looking southeast - March 17, 2017 Prepping subgrade for aggregate pier start – looking northeast - March 17, 2017 Magnesite stairs removed from north side of existing gym - March 17, 2017 Plumbing on second floor of existing building - March 17, 2017 Forming housekeeping slab in existing building - March 17, 2017 Concrete placed on slopes, walkway and mechanical rooms in basement area - March 15, 2017 Site – geothermal well installation, looking southeast - March 6, 2017 Site – looking northwest - March 6, 2017 Site – looking northeast - March 6, 2017 Saw cutting openings in existing concrete walls and elevated slab prep in gym - March 6, 2017 Install rebar and forming areas to receive concrete in-fill - March 6, 2017 Existing building plumbing rough-in - March 6, 2017 Excavation of mechanical rooms in basement area - March 6, 2017 Site plan Site – northeast perspective - Feb 23, 2017 Site – northwest perspective - Feb 23, 2017 Site – southeast perspective – geothermal well installation - Feb 23, 2017 Existing building plumbing rough-in - Feb 23, 2017 Excavation mechanical rooms in basement area - Feb 23, 2017
- The 60% Street Improvement Plan revisions were under review by the city.
- A Total Contract Cost (TCC) amendment was signed by Skanska and routed for district signatures.
- The D-9 documentation was submitted to the state Office of the Superintendent for Public Instruction.
- The D-10 authorizing execution of General Contractor/Construction Manager (GCCM) contract was received.
- The Notice to Proceed on Group D packages was issued to Skanska, the GCCM. Hazardous materials abatement and selective demolition continued.
- Geothermal well drilling and site utilities installation were in progress.
- The phase II building permit was received and work began.
- The 60% street improvement plan revisions were resubmitted to Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT).
- The project value analysis continues.
- The Seattle School Board approved the total contract cost amendment.
- The Notice to Proceed on portions of the Group C package was issued through the Skanska.
- Hazardous materials abatement and selective demolition continues.
- Drilling has begun for the geothermal wells.
- Installation of site utilities is in progress.
- The phase I building permit was received and work began.
- The phase II cycle 3 responses were sent to the City of Seattle.
- The 60% street improvement plan comments have been received.
- Bid group C and D were opened, and a project value analysis will be done due to the bid results.
- The Board Action Report for the total contract cost amendment was presented to the Seattle School Board Operations Committee, who put it on the Board agenda for January.
- The contractor has mobilized.
- Hazardous materials abatement and site demolition continues.
- Phase 1 building permit cycle comments are complete and the construction team is waiting for the King County storm water permit to be issued.
- The King County discharge permit is under review and revisions were submitted.
- Phase 2 building permit cycle 3 is under review.
- The 60% street improvement plan is under review.
- The Landmarks Board issued the Certificate of Approval.
- A Board Action Report is being drafted for the total contract cost (TCC) amendment.
- The contractor has mobilized and abatement is underway.
- The construction document (CD) phase is complete.
- Comments were received on the phase 1 building permit cycle 4, and responses were sent to the city.
- The King County discharge permit is under review.
- Comments were received on the phase 2 building permit cycle 2, and responses were sent to the city.
- The street improvement plan was submitted for 60% review.
- The final presentation was made to the Landmarks Board.
- Reached 95% construction document (CD).
- Received phase I building permit cycle 2 and 3 comments and responded to the City.
- Advanced the street improvement plan to 60%.
- Held briefing with Landmarks Board and finalized the application package.
- Issued Notice to Proceed on group A packages through Skanska (GCCM).
- Completed structural package and advertised group B bid package.
- The construction document (CD) phase continued.
- The 75% construction document estimate reconciliation was completed.
- Comments were received on the phase 1 building permit cycle 1, and responses were sent to the city.
- Comments were received on the phase 2 building permit cycle 1, and responses were being developed.
- The street improvement plan was under review and the team met with the city.
- The Landmarks Board was briefed and the application package was being finalized.
- The school community was moved to the John Marshall School and portables were relocated.
- Completed 75% construction documents and started 75% construction document estimate.
- The Master Use Permit decision was upheld and the permit approved.
- The street improvement plan is under review.
- Minor adjustments are being made to address landmark concerns.
- Design development (DD) phase estimate reconciliation is complete, and the construction document phase began.
- The Master Use Permit Decision was upheld, with judicial appeal due by May 27.
- The project team met with Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction to review the building assessment and made a presentation to the Landmark Board’s Architectural Review Committee.
- D-5 documents are complete.
- The design development (DD) phase estimate was received and reconciliation began.
- The Master Use Permit appeal hearing occurred on April 27, 2016.
- The contract has been executed for commissioning services.
- A presentation was made to the Landmark's Architectural Review Committee.
- Completed design development (DD) phase.
- The Master Use Permit environmental review decision, including departures was posted.
- A contract executed for commissioning services.
- The CD-5 documents are complete.
- Presentation was made to the Landmark's Architectural Review Committee.
- Design development continues with 100 percent of design development (DD) due in mid-March.
- The Department of Planning and Development (DPD) reviewed the departures.
- The Master Use Permit environmental review comment period has closed.
- The project team met with DPD for the building permit pre-application meeting.
- A presentation was made to the School Design Advisory Team (SDAT), the PTA and school staff.
- Staff also made a presentation to the Landmark's Architectural Review Committee.
- Work is underway on the D-5.
- Continued design development, which is now at 50 percent.
- Departures and permitting work continues.
- The envelope consultant is under contract and the commissioning agent has been selected.
- Continued design development.
- Completed conductivity geothermal test well.
- The Department of Planning and Development (DPD) reviewed the project departures.
- Master Use Permit Environmental Review comment period took place.
- Received and reviewed the request for proposal (RFP) for commissioning services.
- Continued design development.
- Learned the Department of Neighborhoods (DON) Departure Committee voted against all departures.
- Issued minority report to DON on departures.
- The SEPA DNS was affirmed by Hearing Examiner.
- Reviewed Master Use Permit.
- Executed contract for envelope consultant.
- Received request for proposal responses for commissioning services.
- Design development continues.
- The SEPA Hearing final written arguments were submitted.
- The Master Use Permit was reviewed.
- The schematic design has been approved and design development began.
- The Department of Neighborhoods departures meeting was rescheduled.
- The SEPA hearing was held and the Master Use Permit was submitted.
- Design, planning and permitting work continues.
- The Department of Neighborhoods selected the departures committee Schematic Design refinement complete Skanska completed Schematic Design estimate and team began reconciliation Department of Neighborhoods selected Departures committee.
- The final SEPA Checklist and Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) has been appealed.
- The value engineering (VE) Board Action Request was drafted.
- A contract has been executed for building envelope consulting, and inspections and testing are underway at the existing building to help mitigate unforeseen conditions.
- In July, the project team worked on schematic design refinement and a cost-reduction analysis to align with the project budget.
- Development continued development of sustainable systems/passive options.
- The final SEPA checklist and determination of non-significance was advertised.
- The value engineering draft report was received and VE items selected for the final report.
- A professional services contract was awarded for the envelope consulting.
- Planning, design and document preparation continues.
- Public comments were received on the SEPA Checklist draft.
- The value engineering student took place.
- Design work and planning continue.
- Development is in progress to include sustainable systems/passive options with a target of 20 Energy Use Intensity.
- Design work and planning continues.
- The General Contractor/Construction Manager selection is complete and the contract awarded to Skanska.
- The schematic design phase continues.
- Selection process for the general contractor/construction management (GC/CM) firm is complete.
- Work continued on development of sustainable systems.
- The draft geotechnical study has been delivered and the project eco-charrette took place.
- A landmarks designation has been issued and planning began on controls and incentives related to that designation.
- The zoning departures summary was issued to the Department of Neighborhoods.
- The schematic design phase began.
- The project team started the geotechnical survey, completed the tree inventory and continued the traffic study.
- Work is underway on development of sustainable systems/passive options, target 20 Energy Use Intensity (EUI).
- There was a landmarks nomination hearing and site tour.
- School Design Advisory Team meetings are underway.
- The contractor was completing punch-list items
- Commissioning activities were being completed
- Furniture delivery began
- Security cameras were installed and are functioning