Ingraham High School
Updated: March 02, 2017 Ingraham High School Permits & Notices
Updated: March 02, 2017 Ingraham High School Photo Gallery
Updated: March 02, 2017
Construction Schedule Overview
In 2007, Seattle voters approved the Building Excellence III capital bond that funds school building projects, including a new building addition for Ingraham High School. The new classroom building addition will replace the portable structures with twelve new classrooms and a central courtyard at the west end of the existing school.
In order to efficiently accommodate 12 new classrooms, the School Design Team chose to design a two story addition connecting to the west side of the existing building, where there is a naturally occurring slope.
This revised building design replaces the exterior courtyard with a smaller, enclosed atrium space. This revised design will preserve approximately 75% of the existing trees in the northwest grove. More than 10 new trees will be planted for each one of the 29 trees that is removed for the classroom building addition.
- 12 new classrooms
- Easier and more direct student access to the main building’s library, lunchroom and auditorium
- Expanded parking lot to accommodate event parking on site
- Improved pedestrian connection between the school and the pool
- New water quality treatment on site will handle rain runoff from parking lots
- Better-designed and supervised entrance on the school’s west side
- Removal of old portable structures
- Improved street paving
- New curbs and gutters
- New sidewalks
- Conversion of open ditches to underground storm culverts
- New shade trees and vegetative swales
- New native understory plantings to improve wildlife habitat